Paid Graduate & Undergraduate Internships – FMC An Agricultural Sciences Company
Program Dates: Summer 2021 (dates may change)
Application Deadline: Until positions are filled
Positions are available in the areas of: Chemical engineering, Mechanical engineering or Chemistry
Brief Description of Intern Project
Currently FMC Formulations Engineering Group is providing information needed for the basic design of static mixers which will blend granules as part of several capital projects at several international manufacturing locations. The project will support both existing and planned FMC homogeneous blends formulation offerings. Current efforts are focused on optimizing the radial mixing achieved under the imposed manufacturing design constraints and project timeline. We are looking for a highly motivated intern to contribute to this project. The work for the intern may include doing blend tests with different diameter and length static mixers and investigate radial mixing as a function of length, number of mixing elements, style of element, flow rate and L/D ratios. Ideally, the successful student will be working at FMC-Stine Research Center for the duration of the internship but it may be able to work out a flexible schedule.
- To be considered for a STEM Internship at FMC’s Stine Research Center, you must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or master’s program and have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Qualified applicants for this internship opportunity will ideally be pursuing a degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or chemistry
- Successful candidates will be rising Juniors or Seniors.
- Ability to work safely.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills work within and team and to work interdependently.
- Strong desire to want to learn and develop.
- Reasonable mechanical aptitude and ability
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Student must be a junior or senior, or graduate student at the start of the program
- Student must be willing to submit to a physical medical exam – part of the hiring process
- Student must be able to provide their own transportation (if necessary) for the length of the internship
- Housing is NOT provided for participants of this internship.
Please send your resume with attached cover letter to Ms. Tiffini Johnson at email@example.com. Please attach a cover letter indicating your class level* (junior, senior, or graduate) and why you are interested in applying for the position.
You will be emailed to confirm receipt of your resume.
FMC Stine Research Center
1090 Elkton Rd.
Newark, DE 19711